Banana Walnut Buttermilk Muffins


I always buy Bananas in bulk and never manage to eat all of them. So i always have ripe Bananas in my fruit basket. There are many things you can do with a ripe or overripe banana like blend with some curd and make a smoothie or blend with chilled milk, honey and some vanilla extract and make a yummy milkshake.
I was feeling a little more adventurous so I decided to make Muffins!

I made Banana Walnut Buttermilk Muffins. Because these muffins are made with buttermilk and baking soda, they do not require any eggs. So this recipe is fantastic for vegetarians and for those who are allergic to egg. However, if yoy are one of those bakers who doesn't bake without eggs then just replace the buttermilk and baking soda with 1 egg and 1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder.

I added walnut because i had some in my fridge but you can add any other dry fruit like raisins or even some chocolate chips or crunchy peanut butter!
Here is my recipe

Preparation Time: 5 Mins
Baking Time: 15 Mins
Makes 9 Small Muffins

Ingredients
6 Tbs Flour
4 Tbs Sugar ( use brown sugar if you can)
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Cup Buttermilk
2 Bananas ( mashed)
3 Tbs Oil or Melted Butter
1/4 Cup Walnuts ( chopped)
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder

Method
Mix all dry ingredients (flour, sugar and baking powder, cinnamon powder ) in a bowl.
Mix all wet ingredients ( oil, buttermilk, mashed bananas) in another bowl.
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir to mix.
Stir in the walnuts. Let the batter be lumpy.
Scoop out spoonfuls into muffin moulds and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 12-15 mins.

Serve warm.
Enjoy!


Comments

Sarah said…
these look so cute and yummy!
AK said…
thanx sarah! they taste yumm too!
hi AK, many thanks for your visit. not just for the health benefits but also for the flavor- that's banana, always flavorful and versatile to prepare and i sure will try out your banana muffin one day. have a great weekend.
Taste Melanger said…
Though I'm an eggetarian, yet I like to keep these recipes for occasions when I got to make for vegetarians or when I run out of eggs but not of sugar cravings!! Looks quite moist!
Angie's Recipes said…
I would love a few for the breakfast with some strong coffee!
AK said…
thank you all and yes, these little goodies are perfect for vegetarian friends and go very well with coffee!!!
I'd like couple with a cup of coffee. Yum!