Chocolate Fantasy


Chocolate Fantasy! Doesn't it sound delicious? Well, it tastes delicious too! Deep, dark, moist and gooey, this stuff is what dreams are made of!
This dessert has the texture of a gooey brownie but is made like a normal cake using regular ingredients like flour, eggs, sugar and milk.
I like to serve it with vanilla ice cream but it is extremely delicious without any accompaniments.
I soak the cake with a flavoured sugar syrup. Here i used some rum infused sugar syrup. You can use any flavour of your choice.
I got the idea of creating this dish when my brother in law wanted to take some home made dessert back to college for his friends. So this one is for Tanmai and his friends.
Here is the recipe.

Preparation Time: 20 mins
Baking Time: 40 mins
Serves: 6-8

Ingredients

4 Eggs
3/4 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
11/2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Dark Chocolate
1/2 Cup Milk made sour with juice of 1 Lemon
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Sugar Syrup
3/4 Cup Chocolate Ganache ( made with 1/4 cup Cream and 1/2 Cup Chopped Chocolate)
Silver Balls for decoration

Method
Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave and leave aside to cool.
Beat eggs till light and fluffy and mix in the melted chocolate.



Cream butter and sugar together in a separate bowl.


Add the egg chocolate mixture to the sugar and butter and mix well.


Now add curdled milk and sifted flour alternately starting and ending with the flour.



Pour the batter into a greased and lined baking dish. The batter will be quite liquid and runny, thinner than a cake batter.

Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees Celsius for 40-45 mins.


Keep on a wire rack and let cool.


Prepare ganache by mixing together warm cream and chopped chocolate.
Soak the cake with the cooled sugar syrup.
Pour the ganache on the cake. Let it drizzle down the sides.
Decorate with silver balls and refrigerate.


Serve chilled.

Enjoy!



Comments

oh yumm! can't wait to try it out :)
AK said…
thanx shabnam
Three-Cookies said…
Chocolate fantasy sounds fantastic. The texture looks great. And I see you have a few chocolate cake recipes on your site:)
Oh my God, you’re making me hungry again. How I wish I could eat some, but I just came back from the hospital for my tonsillitis. I’m still thankful you have shared it though. You are so thoughtful for that. How about non-sweet recipes in your future posts? I’m looking forward for it.

Please visit My Webblog: Online PhD UK Programs